Butterbeer was Harry Potters favourite beverage, and if you’re a true fan, you most likely have always wondered what it actually tastes like. They do sell it at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida – but what if you could make it yourself?!
These are the Ingredients you’ll need:
• 1 pint of vanilla ice cream, softened
• 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
• 1/3 cup light brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 bottle (24 oz.) vanilla cream soda (very cold)
And here are the instructions you need to follow:
1. First, you’ll want to let the ice cream soften for around 30 minutes and bring the butter to room temperature, which takes roughly 2 hours. We recommend getting the butter out first.
2. Next, blend the room temperature butter, the sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
3. Add all this to the ice cream and freeze it.
Now, at this point it depends if you want a warm drink or a chilled one.
4. If you want your drink warmer, heat the cream soda in a pot until it’s warm, but still carbonated (this takes about 3 minutes). If you want your Butterbeer cold, simply chill the cream soda as much as you like.
5. Put a scoop of ice cream mixture in each glass, and pour your chilled or warm cream soda over the ice cream.